Sunday 19 June 2016

A Week On The Needles


Since last Sunday much has happened in my yarn world....
At the retreat we had a fantastic workshop of dyeing our own yarn and the one above is 4ply that I have plans to design a shawl with and the one below is double knit that has yet to have a project in mind....


Over the last few months I have been contemplating dying some of my own yarn and designing a shawl pattern as a kit for those of you that follow my work but also knit yourselves, this week has seen those ideas come to life again and it's something I hope to begin soon.




This mermaid blanket was commissioned a while ago and I have been fitting it in around dolls and Angels, but this week saw me work the last waves and complete it.....



I was surprised at just how much yarn was involved in making one of these and how many rows were needed despite being knitted on 7mm needles and made holding two strands of yarn together....


This isn't something I shall be making many of, as to make it worth my while they would have to be priced over £100 and I know there aren't many who will pay that for a child's blanket...


So maybe I will write the pattern out instead!!

I also started and finished this beautiful shawl which was cast on at the retreat last week and I finished yesterday afternoon.


I truly love it and am thrilled I have actually created something for myself for a change, there are so many memories of my weekend away knitted into the rows of this, that it will be a keepsake that I will treasure from an inspiring and nurturing time.













And so another week begins, today I have been creating flowers to make brooches and flower headbands to take to the school fete next Saturday, not to mention a couple of hedgehogs!

Whatever you create this coming week, enjoy the moment in doing so, let the thoughts that drift while your fingers work, be ones of peace and fulfilment and let time stop just for a little while to allow you to escape somewhere special. Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment